How to learn Japji Sahib

Waheguru ji

I have been trying to learn Japji sahib since sometime now , but i get confused with pauri orders.

So this is what i have planned. I am going to post progress of this effort also how it goes.

Divide and Conquer

This rule has been used since ages to solve all the tasks of the world. To sub divide the tasks of the world. Guru ji already has divided the tasks in pauris for us. So i am going to make sure i remember each of them correctly. So what i am going to do is while i see one line i will hide next line from my view and would try to recite it by my heart. Then i would scroll little down to see if i was correct in next line. I would scroll only one line at a time , comparing what was there what i recited , correcting my mistakes for recitation and repeating if required. In this way i would try to make sure i learn all individual pauris with correct recitation.

You can do the above steps online at

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Learn_all_of_Japji_Sahib#Salok

If you want to use your computer then i would say download Sikhi2Max software (from Sikhnet website other links are not working).

Click on compiled Banis section.

Click on Japji sahib and then show yourself only one line at a time as discussed above.

Note on your notebook where you are doing mistake , so that next time you become extra cautious that you are making mistake there.

 

Giving hint to myself 

I have been this method using in my school studies remembering long long answers (this is relevant if you studied in India). Or if you have worked in theater plays then you must have learned this art. You remember your dialogue with dialogue ending of your previous speaker.

So i planned to arrange and learn all the first lines of pauris so that i can have hint which pauri is coming next. I have written the first lines of all of them. If you want the sheet which i made you can see it here online.

It starts from Pauris

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114107145152608094049/posts

 

Listen Audio of Japji Sahib all time

For many years i have been listening Audio by Tarlochan singh. His voice is so familiar in all Indian houses. (His voice has been embedded deep in my heart with memories from as old as when i was 8 years old , it was played in my neighbours place every evening Rehraas Sahib and those memories are still fresh in my mind) If you want to get this you can get if from Youtube. I have copied it in my mobile. You can download it from Internet. If you want this just write to me i can share it. In my mobile i have just placed Japji sahib on repeat and it repeats all times when it finishes. By listening we learn things fast , that's why you must have noticed we remember songs all lyrics ( Although i cannot remember , to be honest) . But listening gives you one more input source to mind besides reading by eyes.

 

Last and most important

 

Learn Meanings of Japji Sahib

I have downloaded the english translation of Japji sahib so that i know what it is written. Its common saying in Punjabi ratta jaldi bhul janda hai , so i want to learn by understanding rather than just mugging them up. Guru Nanak dev ji ne vi likhya hai

Vidhya vichari ta paropkari

Sanu sab kuch samahj ke vichar ke karna chahida hai

 

One more idea which i have is

If you want to mix the steps 2 and 3 i would recommend to use the below Youtube video. It shows meaning also besides you can always listen to Audio

 

 

Please feel free to share this post with your friends.

Waheguru ji mehar karna gurbani te gurubani de arth man andar was jaan.

Do post your experiences and suggestions. I would keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your views and comments below.

Thank You.